Thursday 24 March 2011

Happy days


A couple of weeks ago, I had a very exciting phone call which had me bouncing in my seat. I've been given a contract from Walker Books for one of my book ideas. Woop woop!

They've even got one of my fave illustrators, Petr Horacek, on board to do the illustrations. Aren't they gorgeous, the colours he uses are so intense, it can be hard to duplicate them sometimes.






My book will be shown at a big book fair in Bologna next month, so fingers crossed for then. If it goes down well I might get the chance to do another book.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing!! What's your book about? Bet you feel like Beatrix Potter =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not anywhere near a Beatrix Potter, thanks:)
    It's actually a very simple counting book based on my number cards, so doesn't really have much text apart from 'one giraffe… two zebras' - that kind of thing. But it's a start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Congratulations. Can't wait to see this develop. Bx

    ReplyDelete