Friday 17 June 2011

Magic looping

It's just like waiting for a bus isn't it? I don't blog for ages and then I seem to get on every other day. I think it's more the case of having something important-ish that I know I really should be doing, but I just can't get any enthusiasm up for it. So I'm doing this instead.


It's the first time that I've used these funny circular needles. I have to admit, they did scare me a bit. After watching quite a few show and tells on Youtube I thought I just need to get on and do it.


The first few rows really were pretty tricky, but I think most of the problem was that my pattern only called for 36 stitches, so I keep having to twiddle it all round every couple of stitches. It's probably easier if you're doing something bigger like a hat.


I know it's not going to be very neat when it's done, but you've got to start somewhere. Anyway the person I'm making this for isn't too fussy abut these things, hmmm… I hope!

It was Knit in Public day on Saturday and I had every intention of doing a bit of this wherever I went. However, as it turned out, the only public place I went to was the cinema to watch Tangled with my girls. Not the best place for a bit of knitting. Oh well, the thought was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment