Thursday 3 June 2010

A special date in mind

My daughter is on half term this week, and the sun is shining so I haven't been spending as much time on printing as I normally do. But there is a special date coming up, and I had already got a design in mind, so I spent yesterday working on the new design. You'll easily guess who I had in mind…

This is a shot of the positives on the screen, as I begin to expose it (that's why the colour looks strange).

I print the first plate in two colours, some in brown, some in black. This is the first time I've tried using the same screen and printed twice.

To give me even more options, I've tried to do this design on several different coloured backgrounds. There's a natural, ash grey and flint grey card stock, they actually all look quite yummy to me.

I have printed the oval shape (it'll make sense later) beneath the text in either green or red depending on the colour of type.

The red and blue sheets are my testers, which are just thinner pieces of paper, that I print upon initially to check that I have each screen lined up correctly.

Hopefully I'll get round to finishing off this design this week, but the sun really is glorious today, and is meant to be for the rest of the weekend so we'll see.
I can hear a Fab calling me from the freezer, mmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment