Monday 7 June 2010

Computer trouble… hmm

Oh dear, my scratch disk is full. Oops!

Since I first bought my laptop 2 years ago I have been loading up photos fairly constantly, and surprise surprise it can take no more. I'm sure it wont have helped that I was lucky enough to be bought a new camera for my birthday in March, which takes photos in lovely high resolution, therefore taking up even more space. So now I have the unenviable task of archiving my photos off the laptop before I can fill it up again with all the things I've been doing in the last couple of days.

I've just mentioned this to my hubby and his response was very straight forward, 'just delete them'. What! I couldn't possibly!
I don't like to admit it to myself, but I am a bit of a secret hoarder. I have quite a bad memory for events, even ones where I was present (it drives my mum mad) so I guess I rely a lot on my photos to remind me where I've been, things that I have done. Because of this, I know it sounds silly, but photos feel precious to me and I couldn't just throw them away. Even blurry/out of focus ones, sad aren't I?

So I'm unable to show you the new shots of my father's day cards that I've just finished off. But even more excitingly I have finished off the quilt that I have been working on for forever and (hopefully if she is reading this) Jay, would have been able to see it. It's the size for a double bed and I completely underestimated just how long it would take for me to hand quilt it.
But now it is done, the weight has been lifted, and I can't even show it off. Typical!

No comments:

Post a Comment