This card was from when me and my then boyf (now hubby) bought our first home together. We were so excited about the whole prospect (even though we'd only bought a tiny one bedroom flat, and I mean tiny) that I decided to do some hand sewn cards as our change of address cards.
Not only did I make these before the kids came along and so had far more spare time on my hands, but I was shocked to realise while searching for the photo that it even was before we had a digital camera! So here's (above) the shockingly bad photo, that I've then had to scan in, of them all laid out when I had finished. Every single one had it's own colour way, and I was amazed at which ones worked best.
The idea was obviously based on an old fashioned sampler, but done in a very simple way (you've got to though really, when you're doing about 25 of them). This time round though I thought I'd try making more of the type, and try them in much brighter colours. I did try a more muted version (below) but ended up loving the brighter version, so that's the one I sent them. I've also printed a distressed gold frame around the cut through.
I do enjoy cross stitch, it's quite therapeutic in a way. I never do much of it though, but now I've started again it's popped loads more ideas into my head, so you may see more of it on here soon.