Wednesday 1 December 2010

Two little dicky birds

My neighbours must have thought I'd completely lost it, the other day, as I hung my own little robins onto our hedge. I just wanted to see how they might look on a tree (as in a special, only once a year, kind of tree).


The slightly more realistic looking one was made first, but I fear I've been influenced by the absolutely delightful birds Lupin stitches too much (although mine was lacking somewhat on the neatness front).


I've always been a bit partial to robins, we are very lucky to have a family of actual robins living somewhere near us as we see them all the time. I don't know what they would have made of my creations.

I wanted to make a new version, something younger, and more friendly looking. So I had another go and along came this young chappy. I think he works quite well, but he needs more stuffing. Robins should be chubby, almost round, don't you think? I also wanted to use a thin ribbon but that silver grey colour was the only one I had to hand, I don't think it's right.

Oh well, never mind, they are only destined to sit on our tree. I think they'll fit right in.
Happy December, everybody!




No comments:

Post a Comment