Wednesday 1 December 2010

Advent calendar - take two

Well I decided that I didn't like the way my first advent calendar was going, so I've changed it!

Yes, I do know what the date is, but I just wasn't happy with it and thought if I'm going to go to all the bother of making a calendar for my girls then I might as well make something that I'm proud of (and because I plan to wheel it out every December from now on).

I think the thing was that I wanted to make quite a simplistic one, that looked fresh and different. But it my quest to make it simple I made it dull and not very Christmassy at all, which is really missing the point isn't it?


So I bought some new fabrics, this time with a more obvious Christmas theme. I think I've also gone with a slight retro vibe too. Then sorted out some suitable ribbon out of my stash:


pinned them together and worked out the pocket arrangement. I'm still making quite a simple calendar, but this time the lovely fabrics do all the work, and make it look interesting.

I'm far happier with this version, and can't wait to get on with the numbering (hopefully tonight).



No comments:

Post a Comment