Sunday 9 May 2010

Pringo

I feel like I have been away from my blog for ages, and was surprised to see that it had only been a week. My absence is due to the fact that I have been busy working on a big something that's been on my mind for a while. Sorry to be secretive, things will be explained later, but here's a sneaky peak for now.

But now onto Pringo (my daughter's choice). I know at least four little boys going to turn three in the next couple of months so this card will definitely get some use.

After the first couple of colours were printed, I had a slight problem with my screen - ending up with me wrecking the screen altogether! Oops.

So after another screen purchase, (which I tried to hide from hubby, but was a waste of time when the postie turned up with a HUGE parcel) I was back on track. Phew.

I always find it an interesting thing to try each design on different coloured backgrounds, just to see how the colours work against each other.

Quite typically, I prefer the design on blue but have lots of green card bought for this one. Maybe next time it can go on blue and I'll put Igor (my giraffe) on a different colour background. I'm always open to a pleasant surprise.

Here is the finished design. I'd had this sudden inspiration on how to get a good photo of the colours - do it outside!

Hubby really thought I'd lost it at first, when he found me crouched down in our garden the other day. :) He soon understood though.

Shame the rain clouds have now rolled in, will have to wait for another sunny day to do shots of my next design.

No comments:

Post a Comment